Hotel & Travel
The Missouri Valley Regional Conference will be held at this historic Broadview Hotel that opened in 1922 on the Arkansas River banks in Wichita. A 2011 renovation preserved the large chandeliers, ornate ornamental features in the grand lobby, and the original mosaic mural in the Crystal Ballroom, which was installed by Native American artist Blackbear Bosin. The hotel is LEED® Certified by the U.S. Green Building Council for energy-efficiency in the design.
Conference attendees will receive a special group room rate at $124 a night. Group room rates include the following for overnight guests:
- Free Evening Drinks and Snacks* – Join Broadview Drury from 5:30–7 p.m. every evening to enjoy free hot food and cold beverages at our 5:30 Kickback®. They feature a rotating menu of hot food, beer, wine, mixed drinks and soft drinks.
- Free Wi-Fi Throughout the Hotel – Get the score, check your social networks or email family members from anywhere in the hotel – for free! Wi-Fi will also be offered to conference attendees not staying at the hotel.
- Free Soft Drinks and Popcorn – Complimentary freshly-popped popcorn and a refreshing beverage are available each evening for a great nighttime snack!
- On-Site Facilities – Take advantage of the business center, fitness center or pool while you’re away from home. Print your boarding pass, finish a presentation or check e-mail in our business centers.
Overnight parking available at a charge of $8 per parking spot per day. Parking is waived for all attendees of the event. (On-Site Covered Parking)
METHOD OF RESERVATIONS
Reservations will be made by: Individual Call-In. Individual Call-In reservations can be made by reserving online, go to www.druryhotels.com, then enter Group number of 2421565. Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to the Group number of 2421565. (Society for Marketing Professional Services MVRC)
Individual reservations must be cancelled prior to 12:00 p.m. on the confirmed date of arrival in order to avoid a non-refundable fee equal to one night’s room rate plus tax. We require a valid credit card and photo ID to be presented at check in. Check In Time: 3:00 p.m. Check Out Time: 11:00 a.m. Arrangements may be made for baggage storage with the Hotel’s front desk staff.
A block of rooms have been reserved for the conference and will be released on FRIDAY, MARCH 4, 2022.
Wichita Discounts & Maps
The SMPS Planning Committee is closely monitoring the latest CDC, Sedgwick County and City of Wichita Guidelines related to COVID-19 restriction, mask requirements and recommendations. We are working with the Drury Broadview Hotel to create an amazing in person experience in a healthy and safe environment. The hotel is also closely monitoring CDC protocols and following their recommendations.
Current guidance from the CDC, Sedgwick County, City of Wichita, and Drury Broadview Hotel can be accessed through the links below:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken a number of precautions to minimize risk during this event. If you choose to attend, you will be required to follow these standards:
- Do not travel if you feel sick and do not attend if you feel sick
- Before entry, show either proof of vaccination or a negative test within 72 hours
- Complete COVID-19 Liability Release Wavier upon entry
- Use PPEs (as required) and hand sanitization stations
- Wash hands frequently
- Follow social distancing guidelines
- Be considerate – be kind
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty Breathing
Disruptive In-Person Attendees not Adhering to Safety and Health Measures
- If in-person attendee is not adhering to the safety standards, event organizers or property staff must ask attendee to e.g.: “keep your facemask on while inside during entire conference etc.” – warning and requesting is the first request.
- If in-person attendee has been asked repeatedly (more than 1-2 times for the same issue at hand), they will be reminded of the waiver they have signed and will be requested to leave the premise.
- If attendee threatens to harm any other attendee, staff, property employee etc., security may be called upon and will help with the removal of the attendee in full.
- Attendee name will be kept on file and tracked for refusal of any future event.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.